A network to share best practices for children with special needs
As promised, we wanted to provide you with additional resources for those readers who struggle with dyslexia. We hope you will also find these to be helpful as well as those listed in our last article here!
1. http://www.learning-inside-out.com/dyslexia-statistics.html Are you a parent of a child struggling with learning strategies for reading, writing, math, test taking – or school in general? Or are you looking for methods to help yourself in some area of learning? This site will help.
2. http://www.senteacher.org/Condition/11/dyslexia.xhtml SEN weblinks and resources for dyslexia
3. http://www.ncld.org/at-school/general-topics/accommodations/accommo... How to accommodate students challenged with dyslexia (From the National Center for Learning Disabilities)
4. http://www.ncld.org/ld-basics/success-stories/anne-ford-allegra-for... A story to inspire---Porsha Buck's story follows her struggles with dyslexia and her goal from an early age to become a doctor. Porsha was the 2007 Runner-Up for the Anne Ford Scholarship and a great example of a learning-disabled student who accepted challenges with the confidence she could always overcome them.
5. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=new-font-helps-dys... Dutch researcher designs distinct characters into "Dyslexie" to make it more difficult for dyslexics to rotate, swap and mirror letters and numbers. (October 26, 2011)
For more information:
www.FocusandRead.com For focusing tools that work!
www.BrennanInnovators.com For info, resources, and support
314-892-3897 For consultation and referrals